BOSE Invisible Speakers(BIS) Installation
Bose is known for creating sleek home audio systems and this dedication to streamlined design shows when you prepare to set up a Bose Invisible System installation seems very simple, compared to other home theaters systems but that what you need to know:
- Understand the concept of surround sound . These produce the small background noises that generate the feeling of being in the center of the action (surrounded). Proper placement of the product is crucial
- to audio quality.
- Determine the location to install your BIS. They should be located in the rear half of the room, one on each side
- Obtain any additional accessories needed for Bose surround sound BIS. Purchase any needed custom-designed wall brackets or floor stands, if needed. These may not be necessary in all cases.
- Install the BIS. Set the BIS in position in the designated location. Make sure you have enough wires to reach.
Bose manufactures a variety of products to reduce the number of parts and wires needed, including its BIS. BIS are designed to be mounted inside a wall or ceiling and can be installed without special training.
Things you will need for installation:
- Audio receiver
- Keyhole saw
- Speaker wire
- Wire stripper
- Wire clippers
- Wire running kit
- Electrical tape
- Phillips-head screwdriver
Step by step installation:
- Find the studs in the wall with a stud finder and mark them with a pencil.
- Determine the desired location of the speaker and mark it against the wall with a pencil. Most of the BIS body must fit in the wall, so the optimal position for the speaker is at least 4 3/4 inches away from the wall studs.
- Place the included cutting template against the wall at the point marked with pencil.
- Trace the outline of the cutting template against the wall with a pencil.
- Insert a keyhole saw into the wall in the center of the pencil tracing of the cutting template. Rotate the saw so it makes a small, circular hole.
- Saw outward toward the outer edge of the tracing. Saw your way around the outline until it is fully cut out.
- Insert a finger into the small, circular hole in the wall and pull out the cut portion.
- Insert the keyhole saw into the bottom of the wall directly below the speaker. Rotate the saw to make a small, circular hole.
- Tape the end of a length of BIS wire to the end of a wire running kit with electrical tape.
- Insert the tip of the wire running kit with the attached speaker wire into the hole and run it up the wall to the speaker location.
- Pull the wire running kit through the speaker hole and pull the wire running kit back out through the small hole.
- Strip the ends of the speaker wire with a wire stripper.
- Attach the stripped ends of the speaker wire to the screw terminals on the side rear of a Bose Virtually Invisible speaker with a Phillips-head screwdriver. Match the "+" and "-" terminals marked on the wire with their corresponding terminals.
- Run the opposite end of the speaker wire to your stereo receiver. Cut the wire to the correct length with a wire clippers, strip the ends with a wire stripper and attach them to the binding posts at the back of the receiver.
- Test the BIS by playing audio through your stereo receiver.
- Insert BIS into the wall so that the face is flush against the wall.
- Tighten the screws in the speaker face marked "Wall" with a Phillips-head screwdriver to secure it in place.